Heart Failure Self-Management Support
This session is designed to familiarize the care manager and other care team members with self-management support strategies for working with patients with heart failure.
Presentation slides:Heart Failure Self-Management Support Presentation Slides
At the conclusion of this training course the participant will be able to:
- Address Bio-psycho-social issues associated with Heart Failure diagnosis and ongoing care.
- Suggest workflows to increase health literacy and engage patients with heart failure in the course of routine care
- Demonstrate examples of strategies patients can deploy for self-management of heart failure
- Proactively address common clinical scenarios using customized tools such as a Heart Failure Action Plan.
- List resources patients can access to further support their journey with heart failure.
The course is intended for nurses, social workers, advanced practice providers, medical assistants, community health workers and other care team members who are seeking to expand their knowledge and skills.
FacultyClaire Nolan, PharmD
Claire Nolan received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Detroit, MI. Dr. Nolan has experience in the specialty, ambulatory, and community pharmacy practice settings. She has focused her career on continuous quality improvement, program development, and education.
FREE for members; FREE for non-members
Through December 31, 2021 to assist those providing care, Mi-CCSI is offering FREE on-line enduring disease management learning options. All enduring learning activities have nursing and social work continuing education available and are at NO COST to the participant.
Continuing Education Credits
Continuing Education Credit Available: Nurses & Social Workers
Session Contact Hours: 1
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: There is no conflict of interest for anyone with the ability to control content for this activity.
In order to receive credit for this activity, the learner must register for each webinar, attend the full recorded webinar, complete the evaluation and submit the evaluation. Upon receipt of the evaluation, the certificate of completion will be awarded.