Collaborative Care Model Substance Abuse Training
Behavioral health integration model for the treatment of SUD & AUD
Collaborative Care Model Substance Use Disorders (SUD CoCM) is built upon the foundational training, CoCM: Base. This training is intended to assist primary care practice teams in managing patients with substance use (SUD) and alcohol use (AUD) disorders by:
- Having an increased understanding of the prevalence and why it is important to include AUD/SUD management in primary care.
- Reviewing of and use of the screening tools used to identify individuals with at risk or with dependence.
- Having a care team member(s) (in particular, the BHCM) prepared to have a patient-centered objective and meaningful conversation when SUD/AUD risk are identified.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) has contracted with Mi-CCSI to provide training and implementation to extend the Collaborative Care model to the treatment of SUD and AUD in primary care practices throughout the state of Michigan. Mi-CCSI would like to thank BCBSM for their attention, initiation and support of this important work.
Prerequisites for attending this training
- The practice has completed the Base CoCM training prior to attending this training and are actively participating in the BCBSM CoCM Program.
- It is highly recommended the practice has a provider and/or psychiatrist who has completed MAT training and/or is comfortable advising these conditions. (There is no need for an additional psychiatrist).
BCBSM PGIP Additional Details
- There is no additional PGIP-incentive to participate in SUD training. Rewards will be distributed as a part of the base training incentive.
- BCBSM is supporting this training to address a significant population need of undertreated management of AUD and SUD, by increasing the knowledge and confidence of the practice team with tools and resources in managing SUD and AUD.
- In addition, the training is intended to promote providers to include or increase the management of individuals with AUD and SUD.
For more details on the training and to register, please visit the MICMT website at:
There currently are no upcoming training dates. Please refer to MICMT for additional details on future training dates.
- Providers and/or Psychiatric Consultant who have completed MAT training and/or are comfortable advising these conditions(s)
- Behavioral Health Care Managers – Social Workers and/or Nurse Care Managers
- Practice Managers and other practice team members
- PO Representatives
AVAILABLE CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
The AAFP has reviewed CoCM SUD and deemed it acceptable for up to 6.00 Live AAFP Prescribed credits. Term of Approval is from 07/21/2023 to 07/21/2023. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours Approved: 8 for attending all of Day 2 & Day 3 (4 hours Day 2 and 4 hours Day 3).
This course is approved by the NASW-Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative.
Approval Code: 062723-01
Contact Hours Approved: 14 for attending all sessions (6 hours Day 1, 4 hours Day 2 and 4 hours Day 3).
TRAINING MATERIALS & COURSE PREPARATION
If you have already registered for this training, please click here to view the course preparation and training materials.