Team-Based Care (TBC) Training
Optimizing Care Delivery Impact Through The Team-Based Care Approach
This is the training that meets the requirement for BCBS and Priority Health practice team members. If you are participating in the BCBS specialty pilot initiative, you should sign up for the Specialty Team-Based Care Training.
This training will:
- improve your ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team across all care settings from hospital, to clinic, to home;
- teach you to connect patients, providers and services to assure that care is coordinated, safe, and truly patient-centered;
- teach you to work collaboratively to identify and prioritize patients in need of specialized care coordination services.
Team-based roles and settings discussed include:
- enhanced discharge planning,
- holistic support and assessment of social determinants of health,
- improved internal patient transfers and external transfers to other facilities or to home,
- and knowledge of psychosocial changes that impact patient care options.
The team-based care knowledge in this training will improve your ability to:
- effectively empower patients and their families,
- engage patients in self-management and health behavior change,
- positively affect patient self-care practices and decision-making,
- provide comprehensive assessment and care planning using shared decision making,
- implement evidence based interventions and advocate for the right care, at the right time and in the right place.
This training incorporates aspects of the Chronic Care Model, the Patient Centered Medical Home and the Team-based Care approach. As well, Mi-CCSI courses are fully vetted with care management leaders and training attendees. Curricula development, facilitated by MICMT, was co-developed with trainers across Michigan, to include IHP, Lynn Klima, PTI, and NPO. Mi-CCSI ensures trainers are well versed in the concepts and have extensive experience to offer insight and application of the skills, tools, and information covered.
RN’s, MSW’s, NP’s, PA’s, MA’s and CHW’s who are:
- new to care management or care coordination, or
- seeking to expand their knowledge and skills as part of a PCMH, ACO, or transitional care role.
*** MiCCSI is an approved vendor for MICMT. Our training meets care management training requirements for BCBSM and Priority Health.
$300 for members; $425 for non-members
Not sure if your organization is a member? Click over to our About page to see a list of member organizations. Still not sure? Call us at 616-551-0795 x11.
NOTE: Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Michigan has a PDCM training fee reimbursement available for up to $500 within capped agreement with BCBSM. See your physician organization's BCBSM PDCM agreement for more details.
During the months of July and August, Michigan Center for Clinical Systems Improvement (Mi-CCSI) is offering a 10% discount when you register for two related trainings! Pairing our Engagement Training with either the Team-Based Care Training or the Specialty Team-Based Care Training saves you 10%!
Discounted rates are available for the following trainings:
Engagement Training: July 16th or August 7th
Team-Based Care Training: July 15th or August 6th
Specialty Team-Based Care Training: July 24th or August 13th
The following dates are coming up — Register by clicking below:
Continuing Education Credits
This activity has been submitted to the Ohio Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Ohio Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91)
This course is approved by the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. Course approval #: 051920-01 # CE Hours approved: 7.