Optimizing Self-Management Through Improved Patient Engagement
During this training course, you will learn motivational interviewing skills to form and leverage a multi-disciplinary practice care team to:
- effectively empower patients and their families,
- engage patients in self-management and health behavior change,
- positively affect patient self-care practices and decision-making,
- provide comprehensive assessment and care planning using shared decision making,
- implement evidence based interventions and advocate for the right care, at the right time and in the right place.
The communication skills taught in this training encompass motivational interviewing, cultural and ethical considerations, health literacy, and most importantly — the patient’s views and desires.
To achieve the skills above, the training session will:
- introduce the necessary concepts,
- provide the opportunity to learn from one another,
- practice the skills via role playing,
- provide the opportunity to participate in a “simulation interview” with a trained, standardized patient, and
- provide an interview assessment from the patient’s perspective.
*** These last two bullets are unique to Mi-CCSI’s training courses and are not offered by similar organizations.
This training incorporates aspects of the Chronic Care Model, the Patient Centered Medical Home and the Team-based Care approach. As well, Mi-CCSI courses are fully vetted with care management leaders and training attendees. Curricula development, facilitated by MICMT, was co-developed with trainers across Michigan, to include IHP, Lynn Klima, PTI, and NPO. Mi-CCSI ensures trainers are well versed in the concepts and have extensive experience to offer insight and application of the skills, tools, and information covered.
RN’s, MSW’s, NP’s, PA’s, MA’s and CHW’s who are:
- new to care management or care coordination, or
- seeking to expand their knowledge and skills as part of a PCMH, ACO, or transitional care role.
*** MiCCSI is an approved vendor for MICMT. Our training meets care management training requirements for BCBSM and Priority Health.
$300 for members; $425 for non-members
Not sure if your organization is a member? Click over to our About page to see a list of member organizations. Still not sure? Call us at 616-551-0795 x11.
During the months of July and August, Michigan Center for Clinical Systems Improvement (Mi-CCSI) is offering a 10% discount when you register for two related trainings! Pairing our Engagement Training with either the Team-Based Care Training or the Specialty Team-Based Care Training saves you 10%!
Discounted rates are available for the following trainings:
Engagement Training: July 16th or August 7th
Team-Based Care Training: July 15th or August 6th
Specialty Team-Based Care Training: July 24th or August 13th
The following dates are coming up — Register by clicking below:
Continuing Education Credits
This continuing nursing education activity was approved for 6.5 contact hours. This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (OBN-001-91)
Criteria for Successful Completion: Attendance at the entire event and submission of an evaluation form.
Conflict of Interest: There is no conflict of interest for anyone with the ability to control content for this activity.
This course is approved by the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. Course approval #: 052120-00 # CE Hours approved: 6.5.
Submit continuing education credit questions to Sue Vos at 616.292.5774 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, contact Amy at email@example.com