Chronic Pain Learning Activity
This course is designed to provide an introduction to managing patients with chronic pain. It is intended for care managers in the primary care or ambulatory care settings. This recorded material is available for nursing and social work enduring continuing education credits.
- Increased knowledge of acute pain vs. chronic pain
- Increased knowledge of treatment options and current developments in pain management
- Review of rehabilitation approach and interdisciplinary treatment for chronic pain
- Review of care management options for coordinating treatment and pain management
- Identify candidates for interdisciplinary treatment
- Review navigation process for referrals within a multi-disciplinary approach.
Member Organizations: Free
Non-member Organizations: $15 Not sure if your organization is a member? Click over to our About page to see a list of member organizations. Still not sure? Call us at 616-551-0795 x11.
MI Care Team Health*: FREE (MPCA will reimburse for participating health centers)
*MI Team Health Centers include: Advantage Health Centers, Cherry Health, Covenant Community Care, Inc., Family Health Center, Inc., Family Medical Center of Michigan, Genesee Community Health Center, Great Lakes Bay Health Centers, The Wellness Plan Medical Centers, Thunder Bay Community Health Services, Inc., Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center
Dr. James Hudson
Dr. Hudson specializes in the treatment of patients with chronic pain, headaches and fibromyalgia at the Mary Free Bed Pain Center.
The presenter and all planners have indicated that they have no commercial interests related to the content of this educational activity.
Available Continuing Education Credits
Michigan Board of Nursing:
“A Review of Pain, Chronic Pain, Headache and Spine Care” is approved for 1.0 contact hour for each attended presentation by the Michigan Nurses Association, an approver of continuing nursing education by the Michigan Board of Nursing. Approval of these CE’s expire 08/24/2018
This course is approved for 1.0 contact hour for each attended presentation by the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. Course approval #: 080516-00
To obtain credits:
- Watch the recording
- Complete the registration, evaluation and attest completion
- Download the certificate after completing and submitting the evaluation
Watch the recording.
Registration & Evaluation
Complete the following evaluation. Once you click submit, you will be redirected to a new webpage to download your certificate.
Want to register for other learning activities in this series?