Introduction of Team-Based Care & Optimizing the Impact of the Roles of Care Managers & Coordinators
Thank you for registering for our training. Mi-CCSI is an approved SIM funded entity to provide self-management training to care managers/care coordinators participating in the SIM (State Innovation Model) PCMH initiative. This training also fulfills the self-management training component for the Priority Health care management incentive and for the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Provider Delivered Care Management value-based reimbursement.
Each training session consists of a self-study learning component and two days of on-site didactic and practical skills application training.
THIS SECTION WILL PROVIDE INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS AND LINKS TO THE SELF STUDY MODULE, REFERENCE MATERIALS, AND LOGISTICAL INFORMATION FOR THE ON-SITE TRAINING. PLEASE BE SURE TO REVIEW THIS ENTIRE PAGE.
Self Learning Module
Completion of the self-study component is required prior to attending the on-site training. Allow 4-6 hours to complete the modules. Mi-CCSI uses an online tool called Architools offered by Pfizer and endorsed by the Case Management Society of America.
Complete the self learning module by following these steps:
- Review these instructions first!
- Access Architools: ARCHITOOLS SELF LEARNING MODULE
- Register your user profile by following the steps outlined in the above instructions.
- If you are using Apple/IOS products, please review the following tips/tricks: IOS ArchiTools Access Tips
- You are required to complete three (3) modules:
- Team-Based Practice: Extending the Reach of Healthcare – Slides 1-82
- Managing Care Transitions: Enhancing Quality Across the Healthcare Continuum – Slides 1-78
- Patient Engagement: Skills for Promoting Empowered Patients – Slides 1-40 & 50-136
- The quickest route to access the modules is to click View in the navigation menu, select Population Health from the dropdown. The three modules will be listed. Choose desired module and a new window will pop-up with the content. Warning: Chrome users-You may want to disable pop-up blocker prior to starting.
- Recommended tools to review:
- Getting Ready for Discharge Toolkit
- Medication Reconciliation Toolkit
- Case study Break-outs
- CMSA Standards – This is provided as a reference. This will be reviewed in depth during the on-site trainingCMSA Standards 2016
Simulation Experience Overview
Mi-CCSI includes a simulation component on the afternoon of the second day of the on-site training. Each participant will have the opportunity to interact with a standardized patient and practice the skills learned over the course of the training in a safe and exciting environment. These “patients” are people that have been trained to a specific medical condition case and will offer feedback of the experience.
For more information, attend one of the preparation webinars, watch the sample simulation video below and refer to the following document:
Simulation Self-study Review 2017
SAMPLE CARE COORDINATOR SIMULATION VIDEO
Do you have questions about the self-study or the training?
- Attend one of the live or recorded webinars. During the webinar, the Mi-CCSI training director will provide assistance with accessing and completing the self learning modules, provide an overview of the on-site training and answer questions. Dates & webinar access details for the Live Webinars are listed below. The recorded webinar is posted below.
- For further questions or details, contact Amy at 616-551-0795 ext. 11 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Webinar Dates:
One (1) live webinar will be offered monthly. Please see the dates and webinar connection details below:
Wednesday, May 1, 2019 | 9:00-9:30 am
Wednesday, May 29, 2019 | 11:30 – noon
Live Webinar Access:
Use the following to attend the LIVE WEBINARS only. To watch a recorded webinar, click on the video below.
To connect to the LIVE webinars only, click on the link below or copy & paste the web meeting address in your web browser:
Web Meeting: https://miccsi.globalmeet.com/MiCCSI
Audio Access Number: 1-719-325-2630
Guest Passcode: 776228
Recorded Webinar Video:
If you were unable to attend a live webinar, you may watch a recorded webinar by clicking on the video below. (You are not required to login to website above):
On-site Training Logistics
A continental breakfast and lunch will provided both days. We attempt to accommodate special dietary needs as much as possible, but recommend that the attendee brings a back-up meal. If you have questions, contact Amy at email@example.com.
May 9-10, 2019
June 6-7, 2019
Day 1: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Day 2: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Grand Rapids Masonic Center
233 E. Fulton
6th Floor Conference Room
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Training Directions & Parking-Masonic
April 29-30, 2019
Day 1: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Day 2: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wexford Crawford Physician Hospital Organization
117 N. Mitchell Street, Suite 6
Cadillac, MI 49601