Disease Management: Heart Failure Learning Series
Part Two: Supporting Patient Self-Management & Application to Care Management
This session is designed to familiarize the care manager and other care team members with support strategies for patient self-management and management strategies for the care management team while working with patients with heart failure.
This learning activity is intended for care managers and other care team members in the primary care or ambulatory care settings. This learning activity is available for nursing and social work enduring continuing education credits.
- List medications that may precipitate or worsen heart failure symptoms
- Proactively address common clinical scenarios using customized tools such as a Heart Failure Action Plan
- Demonstrate examples of strategies patients can deploy for self-management of heart failure
- Suggest workflows to increase health literacy and engage patients with heart failure in the course of routine care
- Address Bio-psycho-social issues associated with Heart Failure diagnosis and ongoing care
- List resources patients can access to further support their journey with heart failure
COVID-19 is impacting all of us in one form or another. It is in our coming together as a community, to help and support, that we can help one another and make a difference.
Letter from our Executive Director
Mi-CCSI’s mission is to “partner to better care” and providing continuing education opportunities at no cost is one way we can contribute at this time.
From April 15, 2020 through October 15, 2020 the Asthma/COPD Learning Series will be available to participants at NO COST to the participant.
Claire Nolan, PharmD
Claire Nolan received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the Wayne State University Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Detroit, MI. Dr. Nolan has experience in the specialty, ambulatory, and community pharmacy practice settings. She has focused her career on continuous quality improvement, program development, and education.
The presenter and all planners have indicated that they have no commercial interests related to the content of this educational activity.
Available Continuing Education Credits
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (OBN-001-91)
Approval valid through: 05/08/2022 Contact Hour(s): 1
Conflict of Interest:There is no conflict of interest for anyone with the ability to control content for this activity.
In order to receive credit for this activity, the learner must register for each webinar, attend the full recorded webinar, complete the evaluation and submit the evaluation. Upon receipt of the evaluation, the certificate of completion will be awarded.
This course is approved by the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative for 1 contact hour. Course approval #: 040720-02
Registered or certified medical assistants can submit copies of their agendas and certificates of completion to their certification entity to obtain continuing education credits.
To obtain credits:
- Watch the video recording of the presentation
- Complete the registration & evaluation and attest to completion of the activity
- Download the certificate after completing and submitting the evaluation
Questions about the content? Contact Sue Vos at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the following evaluation. After clicking the submit button, you will be redirected to a page to download appropriate continuing education certificate.
If you have issues or questions, contact Amy at email@example.com.