Engagement Training Preparation & Details
THIS PAGE WILL PROVIDE INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS AND LINKS TO THE PRESENTATIONS, ACTIVITIES, HANDOUTS, REFERENCE MATERIALS, AND LOGISTICAL INFORMATION FOR THE LIVE TRAINING. PLEASE BE SURE TO REVIEW THIS ENTIRE PAGE.
Optimizing Self-Management Through Improved Patient Engagement
During this training course, you will learn motivational interviewing skills to form and leverage a multi-disciplinary practice care team to:
- effectively empower patients and their families,
- engage patients in self-management and health behavior change,
- positively affect patient self-care practices and decision-making,
- provide comprehensive assessment and care planning using shared decision making,
- implement evidence based interventions and advocate for the right care, at the right time and in the right place.
The communication skills taught in this training encompass motivational interviewing, cultural and ethical considerations, health literacy, and most importantly — the patient’s views and desires.
To achieve the skills above, the training session will:
- introduce the necessary concepts,
- provide the opportunity to learn from one another,
- practice the skills via role playing,
- provide the opportunity to participate in a “simulation interview” with a trained, standardized patient, and
- provide an interview assessment from the patient’s perspective.
*** These last two bullets are unique to Mi-CCSI’s training courses and are not offered by similar organizations.
Live Training Connection Details
PLEASE NOTE: All sessions until further notice will be provided virtually through Zoom videoconference
Audio Dial: (646) 876-9923
(Alternate phone numbers in resources below)
Meeting ID: 229 122 7046
NOTE: Chromebook users with the ChromeOS may not have functionality. Please utilize a different platform or contact Amy Wales at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please test your audio & video prior to attending the training. Resources are below.
Resources & Troubleshooting
Handouts, Activities & Resources
Care Management Introduction Activity
Simulation Breakout Session: Case, Forms & Resources
Mi-CCSI includes a simulation component in the afternoon. Each participant will have the opportunity to interact with a standardized patient and practice the skills learned over the course of the training in a safe and exciting environment. These "patients" are people that have been trained to a specific medical condition case and will offer feedback of the experience.
For more information, watch the sample simulation video below and refer to the following document:
Simulation Self-study Review 2017
SAMPLE CARE COORDINATOR SIMULATION VIDEO
NOTE: During Simulation, you will be calling a simulated patient. Please have a cell phone or landline available to make your call.
Health Literacy & Barriers Breakout Session Handouts & Resources
Change Talk Breakout Session Handouts & Resources
Training Times: 7:45 am – 4:30 pm
- Log in to Zoom 7:45-8:00 am
- 1st Presentation 8:00 am